KARACHI: Father of nine-month-old baby, who got paralysed after being administered wrong injection at Karachi’s Darul Sehat Hospital, has filed First Information Report (FIR) at the Shahrah-e-Faisal police station, ARY News reported on Monday.
The FIR has been registered under section 34, 324 and 337 against the administration of the hospital.
According to the FIR, high dosage of medicine was administered to Nishwa, the baby, worsening her condition.
It added that the hospital administration has acknowledged its mistake, the FIR read.
A nine-month-old girl, Nishwa was paralysed after being administered ‘wrong injection’ by ‘untrained nursing staff’ at the hospital.
Father of the girl, Qaiser, had alleged that her daughter, Nishwa, was paralysed due to ‘wrong injection’ given to her by the ‘untrained nursing staff’.
Qaiser said that he brought his twin daughters to the hospital for treatment of diarrhoea. He added her daughters were injected three drips on different timings. The father said that condition of one of his daughters Nishwa was worsened just after the family prepared to leave for home.
“My daughter was kept on the ventilator for next one week at the hospital and she was paralysed when doctors removed her from the vent machine,” he added.
ARY News had tried to contact the owner of Darul Sehat Hospital, Amir Chishti, who rejected to comment on the matter.