Friday, September 30, 2022

No links found in Pulwama incident in preliminary findings: Dr Faisal

test

ISLAMABAD: Foreign Office (FO) spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal said that a 10-member team has initiated probe after Pulwama incident while the no links were found for the involvement of Pakistan in the preliminary findings, ARY News reported.

While addressing weekly briefing at FO on Thursday, Dr Faisal said that a 10-member team headed by Director General Federal Investigation Agency (DG-FIA) held a probe into Pulwama incident.

Read More: Pakistan pledges to take Pulwama probe to logical conclusion

The dossier shared by India was also reviewed by Islamabad authorities, he said. Replies were also given on allegations levelled by India, adding that no links were found for Pakistan’s involvement [in Pulwama incident] in light of given shreds of evidence.

India had shared a dossier on February 27, 2019 in the wake of the Pulawama attack in India held Kashmir. Soon after its receipt, Pakistan constituted an investigation team, detained a number of persons for questioning and looked into the technical aspects of social media content, a main basis of Indian dossier.

The Indian paper comprised of 91 pages and 6 parts, out of which only part 2 & 3 pertained to the Pulwama incident while other parts were “generalised allegations”. Pakistan focused on the parts which related to Pulwama incident.

Samjhauta Express

Dr Faisal said that Pakistan recorded strong protest against the release of accused persons in Samjhauta Express blast case.

Indian High Commissioner to Pakistan had been summoned to lodge a protest over the release of all accused in the case, he added.

Earlier on March 20, an Indian court had released accused persons in the Samhauta Express blast that had killed over 60 people more than decade ago, mostly Muslims.

Anti-satellite missile test

Commenting over India’s anti-satellite missile test, the FO spokesperson said that space is the common heritage of mankind and militarisation of the arena came under violation of international laws which threatens peaceful activities and socio-economic development through applications of space technologies.

Faisal said that such tests would increase risks for all nations.

On March 27, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi had claimed that India had shot down a satellite in space on Wednesday with an anti-satellite missile, hailing the test as a major breakthrough in its space programme.

Kartarpur Corridor

Dr Faisal said that agreement was made on some parts for opening Kartarpur Corridor between Pakistan and India.

It is noteworthy to mention here that Prime Minister Imran Khan had constituted a 10-member Prabandhak Committee to facilitate Sikh pilgrims after the opening of the Kartarpur Corridor on March 26. The approval was made during the federal cabinet meeting.

Ghotki girls

The spokesperson said that Islamabad was closely monitoring the issue of Hindu girls, whereas, the statement came from the Indian Minister for External Affairs was condemnable.

He said that atrocities were continued against minorities in India but not in Pakistan. Faisal added that Muslims were burnt alive and many people were killed on the name of the cow in India.

The two sisters had gone missing from Hafiz Salman village near Deharki few days back. Later, a video clip surfaced in which they can be heard saying that neither has anyone abducted them nor held them hostage as they left their home out of their own will and embraced Islam without any duress.

Read More: Pakistan condemns US recognition of Golan Heights as Israeli

Golan Heights

Pakistan has lodged a strong protest against recognition of Israel’s sovereignty on disputed Syrian Golan Heights in the latest move by the United States (US).

He said the US decision to recognise Israeli occupation was a violation of international law.

Reuters reported on March 26, US President Donald Trump had signed a proclamation officially granting U.S. recognition of the Golan as Israeli territory.

The move, which Trump announced in a tweet last Thursday, appeared to be the most overt gesture by the Republican president to help Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who had been pressing Trump for the move since February 2017.

Israel captured the Golan in the 1967 Middle East war and annexed it in 1981 in a move not recognized internationally.

Comments

Latest Posts

LATEST NEWS

Comments