LAHORE: Railways Minister Khawaja Saad Rafiq on Monday officially inaugurated electronic-ticketing system to facilitate the passengers for comfortably getting tickets online.
The system was inaugurated in a ceremony held at the Pakistan Railways headquarters in Lahore.
While addressing the media, he said that the government had taken many practical measures for the development of the Pakistan Railways.
He said that the E-Ticketing system was launched for five trains including Green Line.
E-Ticketing facility is currently available from Lahore to Rawalpindi section only. The facility will later be expanded.
Learn how to book a railway ticket online in Pakistan:
- Go to Pakistan Railways website pakrail.gov.pk and create your account through ‘Register Now’, on the top extreme right of the website.
- To book your seat the passenger must verify his cell phone number and email address.
- Cell phone number will be verified through the code received on your phone.
- Email address will be verified through your email account.
- Click on ‘Go for e-ticket’ to reserve your seat.
- Then select your desired station and date after that click on ‘Search Seats’.
- Choose your desired train and class.
- After selecting your seat click on ‘Book Selected Seats’.
- Then read carefully the given ‘Note’ and provide the required information then click on ‘Continue’.
- Choose one way of the following options for payment and click on ‘Confirm’.
- Credit/ Debit Card
- UBL Omni Shop
- UBL Omni Mobile Account
- In case of selecting credit or debit card confirm your seat after providing card number.
- In case of selecting UBL Omni Shop, provide your order number and make payment to confirm your seat.
- In case of selecting UBL Omni Mobile Account, give your order number after ‘login’ and make payment.
وزیرریلوےخواجہ سعدرفیق کاای ٹکٹنگ کےاجراءکی افتتاحی تقریب سےخطاب pic.twitter.com/Yi8wIo6x9n
— PML(N) (@pmln_org) October 3, 2016
You need to login to view and post FB Comments!