The news is by your side.

Another Galaxy Note 7 explodes in hotel room, causes damage: reports

According to Gizmodo, the owner of the latest exploding Galaxy Note 7 is an Australian man who says he was on business trip when his hotel room almost went up in flames. He posted the entire saga on Reddit. If true, the saga is downright scary for all parties involved.

“My brand new Note7 exploded this morning while I was still asleep, it was plugged in and charging,” he said. “Phone completely fried, I can’t eject the SIM tray to retrieved [sic] my SIM or the SD card. I was using original charger and cable if you are wondering. Charred the hotel room bed sheet and the carpet when I whacked it down to the floor, burnt one of my finger [sic] while doing that too.” “[Samsung] told me this is the first case in Australia,” he added. “I have gone to Samsung store and they gave me a loan device J1, and have been promised that they will take care of the hotel damages bill.”

battery 1

This is just the latest in a string of unfortunate events for Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 release. Last week, Samsung announced a global recall following several reports that the phone was overheating and exploding.


Read: ‘Battery explosions’ force Samsung to delay shipments of Galaxy Notes


“In response to recently reported cases of the new Galaxy Note 7, we conducted a thorough investigation and found a battery cell issue,” Samsung said in a statement.

“To date (as of September 1st) there have been 35 cases that have been reported globally and we are currently conducting a thorough inspection with our suppliers to identify possible affected batteries in the market.”



You might also like