ISLAMABAD: Interior Ministry has submitted an incomplete report about the properties owned by former military ruler Pervez Musharraf in the special court bench hearing sedition case against him, ARY News reported on Friday.
According to the report, the Director Military Lands has yet to submit a report about the former president’s house in the Army Housing Scheme.
A letter has been written to the GHQ seeking details about Musharraf’s property in Khayaban-e-Faisal in Karachi and the ministry was waiting for the report from the GHQ, report said.
The report further said that Commissioner Islamabad has yet to confirm about Musharraf’s ownership of Chak Shahzad Farm House in the capital city.
The ministry also waiting for reports about the former president’s properties in Lahore and Gawadar, the ministry’s report further said.
In an earlier hearing of the violation of constitution case against Musharraf, his lawyer Akhtar Shah, had told the court that the government needs to ensure adequate security for Musharraf before the former president can return to the country.
The three-judge special bench, headed by Justice Yahya Afridi, had asked the government’s lawyer, Akram Shiekh, to respond to the defendant’s request.
The government’s lawyer submitted a written response to the court. The counsel maintained that the accused could not set conditions for his appearance before a court of law.
The prosecution argued that because Musharraf had been declared an “absconder”, he should be “legally barred from making any applications or submissions” to the court.
It further asserted that Musharraf “cannot dictate his prerequisites to the court and give conditions … as to when he will appear and for how long.”
Dismissing that Musharraf left the country on the pretext of a medical check-up, the prosecution maintained there is “no evidence of any hospitalisation” of the accused.
On May 11, 2016, the special court had declared Musharraf an absconder in the case.
Musharraf had left the country on March 18, 2016, soon after the Supreme Court upheld the Sindh High Court’s directions to remove his name from the Exit Control List.