Web
Analytics
The news is by your side.

Chinese consulate attack mastermind in India, confirms minister

QUETTA: Balochistan Minister for Home and Tribal Affairs Saleem Khan Khosa on Saturday said the mastermind behind an attack on the Chinese consulate in Karachi, Aslam alias Achchu, is in India.

In a statement, the minister said reports about Achchu’s death were false and accused India of fomenting unrest in Balochistan.

He said the provincial government has launched a probe against the three terrorists who tried to storm the Chinese consulate in Karachi and were killed in an exchange of fire with security forces.

The attackers were listed as missing persons since 2015, claimed the minister.

Citing sources, ARY News reported a day earlier that Aslam alias Achchu, a commander of the outlawed Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA), was the mastermind behind the attack on the Chinese consulate.

Achchu is currently being treatment at Max Hospital in New Delhi. He had fled to India after being injured in an operation by the Pakistani forces in Balochistan’s Sibi district.

At least two policemen were killed when unidentified gunmen stormed the Chinese consulate in Karachi on Friday morning. Three assailants wearing suicide jackets tried to enter the consulate but were intercepted by security guards at a checkpoint, according to police.

An exchange of fire resulted in the killing of all the assailants, while two policemen also embraced martyrdom in the gun battle.

Comments

comments

You might also like