Saad, Salman Rafique’s names not placed on ECL: Fawad Chaudhry
ISLAMABAD: Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry on Friday declined the media reports that former railways minister Saad Rafique and his brother Salman Rafique’s names had been placed on the Exit Control List (ECL).
No decision had been made about placing names of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz leaders Saad Rafique and Salman Rafique on the ECL, he said in a statement posted on Twitter.
“NAB is an independent institute and the federal government would assist it according to law, nevertheless, the decisions of the accountability bureau would be implemented,” he said.
سعد رفیق اور سلمان رفیق کے نام ECL پر لانے کا کوئ فیصلہ نہیں ہوا، اس سلسلے میں خبروں کی تردید کرتے ہیں۔ NAB آزاد ادارہ ہے وفاقی حکومت قانون کے تحت NAB کی معاونت کرے گی، اس سلسلے میں NAB کے فیصلوں پر عمدرآمد ہو گا۔
— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) October 5, 2018
Earlier, Punjab Information Minister Fayyaz Chohan had confirmed that their names had been put on the ECL.
On April 7, the top judge had taken a suo motu notice of alleged Rs60 billion corruption in the Pakistan Railways. The top judge had also summoned former railways minister, secretary and board members along with the audit report.
A week later, the apex court had ordered the complete audit of Pakistan Railways during the case hearing.
During the case’s hearing on April 28, the Supreme Court had sought a report on the losses incurred by Pakistan Railways.