Federal government decides to amend National Action Plan
ISLAMABAD: The federal government has decided to amend the 20-point National Action Plan (NAP), ARY News reported on Monday.
The National Action Plan was announced by the then Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif ,after the heinous attack over Army Public School (APS) Peshawar that killed at least 144 people including 132 children.
The incumbent PTI led federal government has decided to abolish majority of points of the currently enforced National Action Plan, and asked provinces to table their proposals for the amended NAP.
The plan to focus money laundering and terror financing on priority basis. However consultation for reforms in the National Counter Terrorism Authority Pakistan (NACTA), is in final phase, said officials informed about the development.
The federating units have been asked by the federal government to name ‘focal person’ for the NACTA portal, while implementation report on the National Action Plan to be submitted by the provinces, latest by January 10, 2019.
20 points of National Action Plan
- Implementation of death sentence of those convicted in cases of terrorism.
- Special trial courts under the supervision of Army. The duration of these courts would be two years.
- Militant outfits and armed gangs will not be allowed to operate in the country.
- NACTA, the anti-terrorism institution will be strengthened.
- Strict action against the literature, newspapers and magazines promoting hatred, extremism, sectarianism and intolerance.
- Choking financing for terrorist and terrorist organizations.
- Ensuring against re-emergence of proscribed organizations.
- Establishing and deploying a dedicated counter-terrorism force.
- Taking effective steps against religious persecution.
- Registration and regulation of religious seminaries.
- Ban on glorification of terrorists and terrorist organizations through print and electronic media.
- Administrative and development reforms in FATA with immediate focus on repatriation of IDPs.
- Communication network of terrorists will be dismantled completely.
- Measures against abuse of internet and social media for terrorism.
- Zero tolerance for militancy in Punjab.
- Ongoing operation in Karachi will be taken to its logical end.
- Balochistan government to be fully empowered for political reconciliation with complete ownership by all stakeholders.
- Dealing firmly with sectarian terrorists.
- Formulation of a comprehensive policy to deal with the issue of Afghan refugees, beginning with registration of all refugees.
- Revamping and reforming the criminal justice system.