The news is by your side.

Gilgit-Baltistan police facilitated suspects to trace, kill man in Karachi

KARCHI: Gilgit-Baltistan police reportedly facilitated suspects to trace and kill a Gilgit man in Karachi, police told ARY News on Wednesday.

A Karachi police officer said that the modern equipment provided to Gilgit-Baltistan police to trace terrorists were used to facilitate the suspects to locate and kill the man, Mohammad Ali, in Karachi.

 A tortured and bullet-riddled body of a Gilgit man was recovered from Lines Area in Karachi on April 10.

Following the  investigation, Rangers on April 12, arrested five suspects and three of their facilitators,  involved in a murder of the man. Later, the suspects were handed over to police for further interrogations.

Disclosing the motive behind murder, a suspect Shabbar Hassan told the police that Mohammad Ali had kidnapped his 45 years old aunt, Maheen and fled to Karachi. Hassan confessed that he had fired nine bullets at his head and face.

Before murder, the suspects brutally tortured  Mohammad Ali and burnt his private parts with hot iron. In a horrific video clip, recovered from the suspects, Shabbar Hassan can be seen subjecting Mohammad Ali to torture with a hunter and marks of severe torture clearly seen on victim’s body.

Read More: Eight arrested for murdering Gilgit man in Karachi

The police officer said that five suspects, including two on duty policemen Saleem and Sohail, arrived in Karachi and killed the man. Sources said that the policemen were deployed in Swat police.

The suspects in police custody revealed that SSP Astore was in contact with them and providing real time details about every movement of Mohammad Ali in Karachi. Civil Aviation Authority’s Additional Director Ghufran was also involved in facilitating the suspect in Karachi, said sources.

The suspects told the police that with the help of the details provided by the police officer, they found Mohammad Ali in Karachi and after subjecting him severe torture, killed the man. The suspects further told the police that they were fleeing to Gilgit-Baltistan but Rangers took them into custody near Khairpur.



You might also like