Hajj corruption scandal: travel agency owner assures of 70 percent repayment
KARACHI: The travel agency owner involved in millions of rupees Hajj corruption scandal on Friday assured the Sindh High Court (SHC) of 70 percent repayment by March 27 (Wednesday), ARY News reported.
The lawyer on this occasion said cheques given by the travel agent were bounced earlier as well.
Justice Salahuddin said the doors of court were not closed (to take up this issue).
On March 20, in a crucial development in 2017 Hajj corruption scandal, the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) had arrested prime suspect Nasir Abbas Naqvi.
Nasir Abbas is owner of a private Hajj/ Umra travel agency.
FIA officials had said the suspect was wanted by the probe agency since 2017. They had said another suspect Ghulam Shabbir was still on the run.
The FIA sources had said they had looted millions of rupees from citizens.
The SHC directed the relevant authorities to block bank accounts and computerized national identity card of the fugitive, Ghulam Shabbir.
Two other suspects Rehan and Naeem had already been arrested.
During the hearing, the travel agency owner submitted a pay order of Rs2.1 million in the court.
The high court was told that a case was subjudice in judicial magistrate’s court against the culprits.