NA 246: Five facts about Imran Ismail and Kunwar Jamil!
The fight for constituency NA 246 seems to be heating up as the days progress. Ever since Sardar Nabil Gabol resigned from MQM and the national assembly seat, the coveted spot has been up for grabs. With mudslinging, often confrontational statements being issued from both sides and subsequent clashes involving supporters from both PTI and MQM, we might be in for an interesting electoral fight. Here are some facts you should know about PTI’s candidate Imran Ismail and MQM’s Kunwar Naveed Jameel!
1. Imran Ismail
- Imran Ismail was born in Karachi in 1966
- Ismail completed his matriculation studies from Cantt Public School and graduated from National College
- Imran Ismail is one of the founding members of Imran Khan’s Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf (PTI). Ever since Khan announced his intentions to challenge the status quo of the country by establishing PTI in 1996, Ismail has been at the forefront of PTI’s politics
- Imran Ismail pursued higher education in leather and chemical technology from Italy and the US
- Ismail started his career as a volunteer for Shaukat Khanum Memorial Trust and also collected donations for the trust
2. Kunwar Navid Jameel
- Kanwar Navid Jamil is originally from Hyderabad and not Karachi
- He shifted from Hyderabad into Karachi five years ago
- Jamil has served as Hyderabad’s Nazim previously
- He is a successful politician who has remained in previous national and provincial assemblies
- Kanwar’s political party MQM has never lost a seat in all the elections it has contested from NA 246