Nawaz says won’t back down in face of testing times
ISLAMABAD: Ousted prime minister and PML-N Quaid Nawaz Sharif on Monday announced to launch a full-throttle campaign to muster the support of people for the upcoming general elections after the holy month of Ramazan.
Speaking to a gathering of workers here, Sharif said it is probable that he might be handed down sentence in corruption cases registered against him in the wake of the Supreme Court verdict, but he was not in the least worried.
He said schemes were being spun to implicate him in another case if he is acquitted in the current NAB references.
He declared that he will neither back down, nor retreat but stand his ground to win the battle. “If I turned back in the face of difficulties, history won’t forgive me.”
Highlighting the performance of his government, he said the PML-N government built schools, universities, and schools as well as laid a network of roads connecting rural with urban areas.
Sharif said his government even completed the development projects that had hit snags and had been lying incomplete for decades, including Neelum Jhelum Hydropower Project.
He said he along with his family members will reach out to the masses to motivate them to join his struggle.