No takeaways from restaurants after sunset, grocery shops to shut at 6pm
KARACHI: The Sindh Coronavirus Task Force decided on Thursday to ban takeaways from restaurants and allow only home deliveries after the sunset from Friday (tomorrow) to Sunday.
A meeting of the Task Force with Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah in the chair took stock of the Covid-19 situation and decided to further tighten restrictions to contain the third wave of the virus.
Following are the decisions taken during the meeting:
- No takeaways will be allowed after the sunset from Friday (tomorrow) to Sunday
- Only home deliveries will be allowed
- Grocery shops to shut at 6pm
- Karachi’s beaches including Hawksbay and Seaview will remain closed during Eid holidays
- Pharmacies have been excempted from business timing restrictions
- Vaccination centres will operate round the clock
The meeting decided to impose more restrictions from Sunday till Eid holidays are over.
Karachi: (May 6th, 2021) Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah presides over a Coronavirus Task Force meeting at CM House. pic.twitter.com/b05syQK5M5
— CMHouseSindh (@SindhCMHouse) May 6, 2021