Now you can register for ‘Naya Pakistan Housing Programme’
ISLAMABAD: For all those Pakistanis dreaming of a residence of their own but can not afford one, here is your chance for low-priced home under Premier Imran Khan’s newly-launched Naya Pakistan Housing Programme, as the registration process for the scheme has begun on Monday.
The National Database and Registration Authority (Nadra) has opened the registration to citizens under the first phase of the Naya Pakistan Housing Programme (NPHP).
For now, Nadra is accepting forms at selected centres in seven districts: Sukkur, Quetta, Gilgit, Muzaffarabad, Swat, Islamabad and Faisalabad.
- The registration form can be downloaded from NADRA’s website.
- The dully filled forms can be submitted with Rs250 registration fee at selected district offices.
- Candidates can also submit a photocopy of the form, provided that they have provided “complete and clear information”.
- According to Nadra’s website, the last date of form submission is December 21.
- Only one person per family will be eligible to apply for the scheme, and preference will be given to candidates who do not own property in Pakistan.
The centres where forms can be submitted will be open on Saturday and Sunday as well.
Minister of State for Interior Shehryar Afridi while addressing the inaugural ceremony at Naya Pakistan Housing Authority Registration Center in Islamabad on Monday, said the initiative would strengthen public’s belief in the state institutions. This project will create job opportunities besides providing inexpensive housing to Pakistanis, he added.