Pakistan

Pakistan denies Indian allegations of ceasefire violation, mutilation of soldiers’ bodies

ISLAMABAD/RAWALPINDI: Pakistan on Monday said that it has not committed any ceasefire violation along the Line of Control and the alleged mutilation of Indian soldiers’ bodies.

Director General Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) Major Gen. Asif Ghafoor, in a statement, said that Pakistan Army did not commit any ceasefire violation on Line of Control in Bhuttal sector (India’s Krishna Ghatti) as alleged by India.

The military’s press wing also denied Indian accusation of mutilation of soldiers’ bodies.

“Indian blame of mutilating Indian soldiers’ bodies are also false,” said the statement.

Pakistan’s Foreign Office also denied the accusations.

FO spokesman Nafees Zakaria said that Pakistan Army did not commit any ceasefire violation and the Indian blame of mutilating Indian soldiers is also false.

He added that Pakistan Army is highly professional force and will never disrespect a soldier.

In a statement issued earlier in the day, Indian army said Pakistan’s border force attacked a patrol operating between two border posts on the the Line of Control in the remote Himalayan region.

“In an unsoldierly act by the Pak Army the bodies of two of our soldiers in the patrol were mutilated,” the statement said, warning of an “appropriate response”.

It also accused Pakistan of what it called “unprovoked” rocket and mortar firing across the heavily militarised Line of Control but gave no further details.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Comments

comments




ARY Sports

Copyright © 2017 ARYNEWS.tv

To Top

Pakistan denies Indian allegations of ceasefire violation, mutilation of soldiers’ bodies

by Web Desk