New federal cabinet members take oath at President House
ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N)’s indecision has finally ended with regard to incumbent Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi’s new cabinet after the ruling party allotted key ministerial portfolios among the nominees , ARY News reported on Friday.
The new cabinet encompasses 27 federal ministers and 16 state ministers.
Comprising mostly old faces with some reallocation of key portfolios, the cabinet members sworn in today (Friday) by President Mamnoon Hussain at the Presidency here. The names of PM Khaqan Abbasi’s cabinet members were finalised late on Thursday.
After Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan’s refusal to become part of the new cabinet, former Minister of Planning and Development of Pakistan Ahsan Iqbal has replaced Nisar by taking oath as Interior Minister.
Former defence minister Khawaja Asif has taken charge as foreign minister, Khurram Dastagir took the defence ministry and Pervaiz Malik has taken over the commerce ministry.
Meanwhile, Ishaq Dar, Marriyum Aurangzeb, and Anusha Rahman have retained their portfolios as Finance Minister, State Minister Information and Broadcasting, State Minister IT and Telecommunication respectively.
Talal Chaudhry, Junaid Anwar Chaudhry, Daniyal Aziz, and Arshad Leghari are among the other members as newcomers in the cabinet. Daniyal Aziz will serve as Minister for Kashmir affairs while Talal Chaudhry is to serve as State Minister for Interior respectively.
It merits to be mentioned here that the premier will head the Planning and Development Ministry.
Here is the list of State Ministers
- Dr. Tariq Fazal Chaudhary, Minister Capital Administration and Development Division (CADD)
- Haji Muhammad Akram Ansari
- Muhammad Junaid Anwaar Chaudhry
- Abid Sher Ali,
- Jam Kamal Khan
- Marriyum Aurangzeb, Minister for Information and Broadcasting
- Anusha Rahman, Minister for Information and Technology
- Dr. Darshan
- Muhammad Talal Chaudhry, State Minister for Interior
- Barrister Mohsin Shahnawaz Ranjha
- Barrister Usman Ibrahim
- Abdul Rehman Khan Kanju
- Ch. Jaffar Iqbal, Sardar
- Muhammad Arshad Khan Laghari
- Pir Muhammad Amin Ul Hasnat Shah
- Ghalib Khan
Others who sworn in as the federal ministers are:
- Mohammad Ishaq Dar, Minister of Finance
- Kamran Micheal
- Muhammad Pervaiz Malik
- Hafiz Abdul Kareem
- Engr. Khurram Dastgir Khan, Defense Minister
- Syed Javed Ali Shah
- Rana Tanveer Hussain
- Khawaja Muhammad Asif, Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Akram Khan Durrani, Minister of Housing
- Ghulam Murtaza Khan Jatoi
- Riaz Hussain Pirzada
- Ahsan Iqbal, Interior Minister
- Lt. General (R) Salahuddin Tirmizi
- Muhammad Barjees Tahir
- Zahid Hamid, Minister of Law and Justice
- Mushahid Ullah Khan, Minister of Climate Change
- Sardar Awais Ahmed Khan Leghari, Minister of Science and Technology
- Pir Syed Sadaruddin Shah Rashidi
- Mir Hasil Khan Bizenjo, Minister for Port and Shipping
- Khawaja Saad Rafique, Minister of Railways
- Sardar Muhammad Yousaf, Minister for Religious Affairs
- Lt. General (Retd) Abdul Qadir Baloch, Minister of SAFRON
- Saira Afzal Tarar
- Sikandar Hayat Khan Bosan
- Sheikh Aftab Ahmed, Minister of Parliamentary Affairs
- Muhammad Baligh Ur Rehman, Minister for Education and Training
- Molana Ameer Zaman