KARACHI: Sindh High Court (SHC) granted interim bail to Pakistan Peoples’ Party (PPP) leader and former information minister of Sindh Sharjeel Inam Memon by accepting his bail plea here on Thursday, ARY News reported.
While talking to media persons, after getting bail from the SHC, Memon dispelled the rumours regarding a deal between PPP and the ruling party PML-N on safeguarding each other’s interest and to evade accountability.
Memon lambasted Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan for placing his name on the Exit Control List (ECL) and said that his name was placed in his absence.
“Is it exit control list or entry control list”, he queried while talking to media.
Challenging the interior ministry, he said that how the ministry could place his name in ECL when he was out of the country. “I will definitely ask Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan this whenever I would confront him on TV show”, he added.
He said the interior minister, should also place the names of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his two sons along with finance minister Ishaq Dar on the ECL.
Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan would never place the name of premier and his accomplices in the list, he said.
It is worth mentioning here that Sharjeel Memon had earlier got protective bail from Islamabad High Court (IHC) on March 20 this year for two weeks.
The former provincial minister had filed the plea just after a day when Dr. Asim Hussain was granted a bail in two mega-corruption references against him by SHC.
Earlier on March 19, Memon had finished his two years long self-exile by returning to Pakistan. He was briefly arrested by National Accountability Bureau (NAB) officials at the airport on his arrival to Islamabad from Dubai.
Very next day, the provincial minister was granted a protective bail by IHC.
The NAB had filed a corruption reference against him for alleged misappropriation in payments of Sindh government advertising campaigns.
The reference stipulated that investigation by NAB found him being party to corrupt practices in the awareness advertisement campaigns on TV and Radio FM channels between July 2013 and June 2015 resulting in massive loss of Rs 3,279,177,029 to the public exchequer.