The news is by your side.

Van catches fire in Rawalpindi, no casualties reported

RAWALPINDI: A passenger van caught fire on Chakri road on Tuesday morning, but there were no reports of casualties, ARY News reported.

Rescue sources said the fire broke out in the van, panicking passengers into jumping out of the van to escape the fire. While there are no reports of any casualty, five passengers received minor injuries and were administered first-aid, they added.

After learning about the incident, rescue workers immediately arrived at the spot and doused the blaze.

According to an initial investigation, the fire erupted due to a short-circuit, rescue officials said, adding the van was partially damaged by the fire.

Earlier in August, at least six members of a family, two children among them, were burnt alive and four others had sustained burn injuries when their vehicle had caught fire in Karachi’s Garden area.

The incident had occurred near Karachi Zoo when the ill-fated vehicle caught fire due to CNG leakage, leaving six people dead and four others with life-threatening injuries.

The family was going to Hawksbay for a picnic.



You might also like