The news is by your side.

VIDEO: iPhone 6 explodes at a mobile shop in Australia

MELBOURNE: Samsung is now gradually recovering from a nightmare of exploding Galaxy Note 7 batteries that virtually cost the brand of its worldwide image. Now Apple is facing the same horrific experiences of sorts.

A footage from inside a phone repair shop in Australia is doing the rounds on the internet showing a man applying pressure to his iPhone 6 Plus’ cracked screen before the smartphone begins acting like an e-cig.

“We removed the customer’s Otterbox (phone protector) and prepared to book the phone in,” the shop attendant explained.


“Then, the customer picked up phone and applied a regular amount of pressure to the screen, the same as any normal person would do everyday during regular use.

The staff had to evacuate the repair shop due to fumes and claimed they were unable to reopen for the rest of the day.


It’s not the first time Apple has faced complaints over smoking or exploding phones.

Last year the company said: “We appreciate that customers are more concerned than ever about the performance and safety of batteries in their mobile devices,” in response to several cases.




You might also like