Web
Analytics
The news is by your side.

Zulfi terms allegation about PM’s interference in removal of his name from ECL as baseless

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister’s Special Assistant Zulfi Bukhari on Thursday termed the opposition leaders’ allegation that the PM favoured him to get his name removed from the Exit Control List (ECL) as baseless and incorrect, ARY News reported.

“If the prime minister would have interfered, my name would have been removed in the first cabinet meeting,” he said while exclusively talking to ARY News adding that the federal cabinet had the authority to approve removal of my name from the list.

Zulfi Bukhari said his name had been placed on the ECL for the last seven months, but he continued his legal battle against it.

Read More: Zulfi Bukhari’s name be removed from ECL, IHC rules

The Islamabad High Court (IHC) has given orders on Wednesday to remove the name of the prime minister’s aide from the ECL.

In a plea, filed through his lawyer, he had argued that his fundamental rights were being affected because of the travel ban.

The PM’s aide said former interior minister Ahsan Iqbal placed his name on the said list and subjected him to political victimisation.

“It happened a lot of times to me that I was disappointed during these seven months, but Imran Khan gave me courage,” he said.

He said neither he had any business in Pakistan nor any housing project like Paragon City. He said he could not meet his family and he also had to face loss in his business abroad.

Zulfi Bukhari said the National Accountability Court (NAB) had given him more tough time than any opposition leader.

Comments

comments

You might also like