KARACHI: After battling for her life for past eight days, nine-month-old Nishwa breathed her last on Monday morning at Liaquat National Hospital in Karachi.
The medical case of the minor girl came into light on April 14, when she was reportedly administered a wrong injection by the staff of Darul Sehat Hospital, which resulted the paralysis of Nishwa.
The paralysed girl was later admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the Liaquat National Hospital for treatment, where she died today.
Father of the girl, Qaiser, alleged that her daughter, Nishwa, was paralysed due to a ‘wrong injection’ given to her by the ‘untrained nursing staff’ of Darul Sehat Hospital.
Qaiser said that he brought his twin daughters to the hospital for treatment of diarrhea. He added her daughters were injected three drips on different timings and the condition of one of his daughters, Nishwa, was worsened.
According to details, due to an overdose of Potassium Chloride the brain of Nishwa had been severely affected, leaving her nearly brain-dead.
The father of the girl had lodged First Information Report (FIR) against the hospital administration and had given names of 10 persons including Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) Pakistan leader and owner of Darul Sehat hospital Amir Waliuddin Chishti and Ali Farhan.
Following the incident, the police has so far apprehended five suspects from the on-duty nursing staff of Darul Sehat hospital. While Nishwa’s father has complained of inaction against the stakeholders of the medical facility.
You need to login to view and post FB Comments!