Pakistan

Indian allegations of Pakistan army’s incursion on LOC are baseless: Khawaja Asif

ISLAMABAD: Defence Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif on Monday said that Indian allegations of Pakistan’s armed forces’ incursion on Line of Control are baseless and are aimed at deflecting attention from troubles Indian army is facing in Kashmir, ARY News reported.

In a series of tweets, the minister maintained that Pakistan is fully committed to peace on Line of Control (LoC) and expects that prudence will be exercised on Indian side to avoid situation from spiraling out of control.

“These baseless allegations are aimed at vitiating the environment, deflecting attention from troubles in Kashmir & demonising Pakistan Army. It is a deplorable attempt to ignite tensions for internal political motives,” said Asif.

He added that Pakistan Army upholds highest standards of professional conduct therefore violation of LoC & question of mutilation of bodies does not arise at all.

Related

Pakistan denies Indian allegations of ceasefire violation, mutilation of soldiers’ bodies

In a statement issued earlier in the day, Indian army said Pakistan’s border force attacked a patrol operating between two border posts on the the Line of Control in the remote Himalayan region.

“In an unsoldierly act by the Pak Army the bodies of two of our soldiers in the patrol were mutilated,” the statement said, warning of an “appropriate response”.

It also accused Pakistan of what it called “unprovoked” rocket and mortar firing across the heavily militarised Line of Control but gave no further details.

 

 

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Please follow and like us:
20

Comments

comments




ARY Sports

Copyright © 2017 ARYNEWS.tv

To Top