The news is by your side.

One killed, six injured in gas leakage incident in Karachi

KARACHI: A 10-year-old boy was killed and six others sustained injuries on Thursday as fire erupted at a residential building located at Dua Chowk in New Karachi due to gas leakage.

Getting information about the incident, the rescue teams reached the spot and managed to carry out the relief work. The cause of the incident is said to be a cylinder explosion, which resulted in a collapse in a portion of the building.

According to the initial report of the police, the explosion occurred when the owner of the house ignited a cigarette amidst gas leakage. One part of the building has been collapsed due to the blaze that broke out following the blast.

Moreover, the victims have been shifted to the nearby hospital for medical assistance while the operation has also been started to remove the debris.

Read more: One killed, six injured as four-storey residential building collapses in Korangi

Earlier in the month of September, at least four persons were killed and seven were severely wounded when a multi-story residential building collapsed in city’s area of Korangi.

Troops of Pakistan Army, Sindh Rangers, Police and Social Welfare organisations had contributed to the operation.

According to the Sindh Building Control Authority (SCBA), the collapsed building was a four-storey, which had caused damage to a nearby building.

Exclusively talking to ARY News, the chairman SCBA had said that the building was constructed illegally on the plot of the playground.



You might also like