Six Pakistanis martyred in Christchurch attack, three missing: Foreign Office
ISLAMABAD: Foreign Office on Saturday evening confirmed that at least six Pakistanis were martyred in the Christchurch mosque shootings while three others remained missing as of yet, ARY News reported.
As per the Foreign Office, the names of Pakistanis who were martyred in yesterday’s horrific terror attack by a white supremacist Brenton Tarrant were as follows:
- Sohail Shahid (Lahore)
- Syed Jahandad Ali (Lahore)
- Syed Areeb Ahmed (Karachi)
- Mahboob Haroon (Islamabad)
- Naeem Rashid (Abbottabad)
- Talha Naeem (Abbottabad)
FO spokesman Dr Mohammad Faisal, in a tweet, said the three other Pakistani “were being identified” and the autopsies on the dead was being carried out as per local law, after which formal announcements would be made.
The three people missing so far are Mr Zeeshan Raza, his father and his mother. The names of Mr Raza’s parents couldn’t be readily ascertained.
List of Missing Pakistanis in NZ terrorism attack:
1) Mr Zeeshan Raza
2) Father of Mr Zeeshan Raza
3) Mother of Mr Zeeshan Raza
4) Mr Haroon mahmood, s/o, Mr shahid mehmood, mother’s name Ms sabiha mahmood, resident of rawalpindi born 29/7/1978, age 40yrs
— Dr Mohammad Faisal (@DrMFaisal) March 16, 2019
Dr Faisal also announced that the government would facilitate New Zealand visa acquisition for the families of injured and martyred Pakistanis.
He provided a website link, an email address and a WhatsApp number for visa facilitation, saying that after the application is submitted, application number and copies of passport maybe sent to New Zealand’s Hhonorary Consul General for Pakistan, Mr Moin Fudda.
Dr Faisal relayed that Abbottabad citizens Naeem Rashid and his son Talha Naeem would be buried in Christchurch, and arrangements for their burial are in place. Muslim and Pakistani associations in the city had assisted in arrangements, he added.
Mr. Naeem Rashid and his son will be buried in Christchurch Arrangemets for the burial are in place
Muslim& Pakistani Association in the city has assisted in arrangements.
Mission is working with families of other 4 victims for possible transport of dead bodies to #Pakistan
— Dr Mohammad Faisal (@ForeignOfficePk) March 16, 2019
Dr Faisal further wrote that the mission was working with families of other four victims for the possible transport of dead bodies to Pakistan, he added
He said that the Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi had directed all possible help and assistance be extended to the families of the deceased and missing Pakistanis in New Zealand terrorist incident.