PM Khan to attend int’l session during upcoming China visit: FM
ISLAMABAD: Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi on Thursday said that Prime Minister Imran Khan will attend an international meeting to be held from March 25-27 in Beijing which would be attended by representatives of 36 countries, ARY News reported.
The foreign minister, while addressing a media briefing at the Foreign Office (FO), said that Pakistan and China have enjoyed good relations. He added that Beijing has played a key role in defusing tensions between Islamabad and New Delhi after Pulwama attack.
China is stood firm with Pakistan as it has proved for being strongest ally of Pakistan, he added.
Pakistan has invited Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad to be the chief guest in Pakistan Day parade which he had accepted. He said that PM Mohamad will arrive in federal capital today (Thursday) along with the delegation of businessmen and other key senior officials.
PM Mohamad’s visit will bolster existing bilateral ties between Pakistan and Malaysia, Qureshi said.
NZ attack and OIC meeting
Commenting over the horrifying terror incident in New Zealand’s mosques, Qureshi said that the steps adopted by NZ premier were appreciable for increasing interfaith harmony in her country. He reiterated that Naeem Rashid has set a new example of courage and bravery by attempting to save fellow Muslims without fearing for his life.
The foreign minister announced that he would depart to Istanbul on Thursday’s night to represent Pakistan in the emergency meeting of Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Executive Committee called up to discuss Islamophobia in many European countries.
He said that Islamabad has denounced the Indian condemnation on Christchurch incident over not mentioning Muslims or mosques in the statement.
Samjhauta Express bombings’ case
FM Qureshi strongly criticism release of all accused persons in 2007 Samjhauta Express bombings case. He said that the verdict of National Investigation Agency Court of India has surprised everyone after four principle accused including Swami Aseeman, who had himself confessed his involvement in the incident, were released after 11 years.
National Action Plan
Shah Mehmood Qureshi, while replying to a question, said the there was a complete consensus on the National Action Plan (NAP) and it had been signed by all parliamentary leaders post-APS attack in 2014.
The foreign minister admitted that political development was not witnessed for implementation of the action plan. He said that the criticism against banned outfits was not new in nature.
Qureshi said that the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) was willing to implement its strategy against the outlawed organisations.
“I had received a very positive response, when I’ve discussed the matter [NAP] with [Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz president] Shehbaz Sharif and [Pakistan People’s Party chairman] Asif Ali Zardari,” he said.
Qureshi said that consultations were made on political level first and later it will be taken to the parliament for its conclusion. He said that the federal government has agreed upon the opposition’s demands to hold discussions into the Parliament.
The foreign minister highlighted that Pakistan’s aerial boundaries had been violated on February 26 in an act of aggression and payload dropped near Balakot inside Pakistani territory.
He hinted that some forces were attempting to isolate Pakistan and wanted to bring new resolutions.
Qureshi said that he knew well about political difficulties of [PML-N’s] Ayaz Sadiq and [PPP’s] Khursheed Shah but they should give sacrifices in national interests. He said that all political parties have a collective responsibility to play their role in the national interest.